Beet Strawberry Waffles
- 1 ½ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour (ground almonds)
- 1 scoop unflavoured and unsweetened fermented organic gut superfoods+ *
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar **
- 1 medium beet, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and pulse until smooth and creamy
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high. Pour 1/3 cup batter into each side of a square waffle maker and cook until crips.
- Top with fresh cut strawberries, coconut yogurt and maple syrup.
- Enjoy immediately!
Joy McCarthy is the Founder of Joyous Health, a Certified Holistic Nutritionist and best-selling author. A trusted nutrition expert, Joy has been featured in hundreds of publications both online and in print; and is a regular health expert on TV. Through her innate drive to inspire others, Joy has created numerous online programs and eBooks under JOYOUS U and is a faculty member at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. Joy lives in Toronto with her husband Walker and their daughter Vienna.