Homemade Creamy Cashew Cheese
If you love cheese but don’t love the way it makes you feel, or if you feel like getting adventurous in the kitchen, this recipe by Joy McCarthy is for you! If you’ve never made fermented cashew cheese before, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to whip up your own dairy-free, gut-friendly cheese! Let Joy show you how to take your cashews to a place they’ve never been before.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours or overnight
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 capsules of advanced gut health probiotic 15 billion CFU
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary for garnish
- After cashews have soaked, drain the water and give them a quick rinse.
- Place cashews in a high power blender and add garlic, apple cider vinegar, water, dried rosemary and sea salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. See note about blending!
- Open up two probiotic capsules of advanced gut health probiotic 15 billion. Sprinkle into blender and blend again.
- Scrape out the mixture on to a cheese cloth and place in a medium size bowl. Let sit on counter for 24 to 72 hours. Or place in a warm place like the oven, with the oven OFF.