Strawberry Shortcake Protein Crepes
When it comes to breakfast I mix it up between sweet and savoury options but no matter what, even with naturally sweet breakfasts, I always ensure there is a protein component. Protein at breakfast is crucial for stabilizing blood sugar levels, keeping you satisfied, and even stimulating metabolism in the morning.
- 1 scoop fermented vegan proteins+ natural coconut
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the crepe ingredients to a small food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth. It should resemble a thin pancake batter (if the mixture is too thick you can add additional almond milk).
- Heat a large, non-stick pan or a griddle over medium heat and add in the coconut oil to coat the pan or griddle.
- Using a ladle pour a very thin layer of the batter and swirl with the back of the ladle to spread the batter out, making a thin pancake about 6-7" inches in diameter.
- The crepe will cook quite quickly, so carefully flip after 30 seconds or so, or until the crepe is bubbling. Cook for an additional 30 seconds on the other side.
- Repeat the process to use up all of the crepe batter. I made 3 crepes total.
- Once the crepes are cooked, set aside in a covered dish to keep warm.
- Using the same pan add in the strawberries and pure maple syrup and saute until the strawberries become soft and the "sauce" thickens slightly and bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the crepes by lining them side by side on a large plate. Fill each crepe with ⅓ of the strawberry and top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream (see notes).
- Fold the crepe edges over the filling then top with another dollop of coconut whip cream and the flaked coconut.