“When I was a teenager my go-to ice cream was Ben & Jerry's "Cherry Garcia." Now that I'm all grown up, I make this creamy, delicious and super healthy smoothie bowl with wonderful whole-foods based ingredients! Along with avocado, zucchini is the ultimate secret smoothie hack for adding creaminess and thickening it up without sacrificing flavor. Zucchini is a great low carb squash that is rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber making it excellent for gut health. I used my favorite protein powder, Genuine Health's fermented, organic vegan proteins+ chocolate! This is my go-to protein because it is excellent for gut health since all 7 plant proteins are fermented, making the proteins highly bioavailable.” -Joy
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries, if using fresh, be sure to remove the pits before blending
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Half a zucchini
- Half an avocado
- 2 bananas
- 2 scoops fermented organic vegan proteins chocolate
- 1-2 cups plus more if need non-dairy milk
- Optional: 2 tbsp honey or 10 drops stevia
- Rawcology Chocolate Oat Clusters
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Sliced banana
- Sliced cherries
- Place all the ingredients excluding the milk into a blender. Add milk 1 cup at a time to desired thickness. You want the smoothie almost as thick as pudding so the toppings sit on top easily. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour smoothie into bowl. Place desired toppings on top of smoothie bowl. Have fun!